Owl Pellet

Today we decided to take apart an owl pellet that my grandad found. Owl pellets are regurgitated and contain all the animals’ parts that they can’t digest. They normally contain bone, teeth, hair and feathers of various animals eaten by the owls.

First I soaked it in water, Then I put a few drops of disinfectant in. Then I carefully pulled it apart.

We found loads of feathers and a few bones. It was quite disappointing because I thought we would at least get a skull. :-( It was more interesting then I thought it would be.

Here are a few of the bones that we found.

We are hoping to find another pellet soon which might have more it in. :)

Comments

  1. That is some great investigating Abbie. What do you think those small bones belong to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a bird, as all the rest was feathers! ;)

      Delete
  2. A small bird I would say 'cos' there was mainly feathers, no fur.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just realised that this is our #30DaysWild for today as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab! It's really interesting. I would love to see one in real life if only I had a stronger stomach! (Hence the after dinner comment lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was going to be as gross as anything but it wasn't that bad, and yeah it was interesting

      Abbie

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  6. well done I fink you are great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. vendita pellets frosinone

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

STOP SEAHORSE ABUSE!!!!!! >:(

INCUBATING EGGS!!!!!